We’re all looking for ways to cut calories, be more healthier and so on but here are some REALLY EASY ways to live a healthier lifestyle.
1. Nonstick: Use nonstick pans for baking, grilling, sauteing and even for soup. Their easy to clean up and require a little amount of cooking spray, wine, water or juice to cook with.
2. Method: Bake, broil, grill, poach or saute foods instead of deep-frying. You’ll be amazed at how many calories you save by just doing this.
3. Reduce: Simply reduce the amount of fat and/or sugar in your recipes. For example, replace half the oil with applesauce or fruit puree when you bake; you can also use one-third less sugar or dried fruit to add sweetness to cereal. .
4. Baste: Instead of basting the turkey or chicken with butter or margarine, cut the saturated fat, and especially trans fat by basting with vegetable broth, white wine or different juices. You can also use fresh herbs, placed underneath the skin. Just remember to remove the skin prior to consumption.
5. Lean: Buy the leanest cuts of meat and trim all visible fat before cooking. White meats are healthier than red meats.
6. Dairy: Buy low-fat and nonfat varieties of milk, sour cream, yogurt and cheese. And, you won’t notice the difference in taste.
7. Chocolate: Why deny yourself the sensuous pleasure of chocolate when there’s cocoa and Shakeology? You’ll get your chocolate fix in no time.
8. Eggs: When cooking, just substitute two egg whites for one whole egg (the fat, cholesterol and most of the calories from eggs are in the yolks). You won’t even miss the yolk. Promise!
9. Crumbs: Substitute crunchy cereal for higher-calorie commercial bread crumbs. I like to use Kashi or Grape Nuts for homemade chicken tenders.
10. Cut: Make servings smaller. Portion control is one of the simplest things that we can do to cut calories. Instead of using your typical everyday plate, use one that is smaller.