30 Days without my Scale
By Laura Kelly-Pifer
For many of us, stepping on the scale can be a daunting task. At least for me it was. For many years, I allowed the scale to control how I felt about myself. I’m here to tell you that has changed. 30 days ago, I embarked on a journey to NOT weigh myself. And, I’m pleased to announce that I completed my challenge with success. Was it hard? Heck yeah! I had stepped on that thing just about every day of my adult life. But, my attitude towards it has changed. I no longer have a need to get on it.
Since I completed my no scale challenge and am coming back from vacation as well as a few business trips, I decided to begin a new challenge. It’s actually a 3 Day Cleanse. I’m feeling a little less than healthy and know that this is perfect for me to get back on track. Because of the way this challenge is set up, I need to use the scale to get a an idea on my starting point and will do so each day until it’s complete. After that, my plan is to weigh myself monthly and no more than that. I don’t want to be back to where I was before the no scale challenge and fall back into that routine.
So, you may be wondering what kind of a challenge would be so important that I’d get back on the scale. Well, let me share that with you below. And, if you feel like you want to join me to feel healthier, shed a few inches or pounds and gain back control, I’d be thrilled to work with you. This is all part of my “go to” action plan to help me reach my own weight loss goals and helps me rid any of the toxins, junk and gunk as I like to call it.
Shakeology® 3 Day Cleanse
1. Bag Of Shakeology. You’ll want a full bag or entire box of packets so that you’ll have enough Shakeology to complete all 3 days. And, the extra will help you maintain your results when consumed daily. Be sure to choose autoship so that you save on shipping as well as qualify for any promotions that I personally have going on from time to time.
2. Green Tea. You’ll want at least 6 bags as you will be drinking this throughout the day. You can find this at any market.
3. Fruit (optional). This is optional, but if you’re feeling the need to snack, eat a piece of fruit. Choose from apples, oranges, bananas, pears, etc. You’ll want to have enough so that you can eat 1 or 2 pieces of fruit per day.
4. Salad. The darker the leaf, the better.
5. Chicken Or Fish (optional). This is also optional, and you can choose to have it on top of your salad or not. Grill or bake, do not fry.
The Shakeology® 3-Day Cleanse The key is to follow the same regimen all three days.
3 Shakeology shakes per day
2 cups of green tea per day
1 or 2 pieces of fruit per day (optional)
salad for dinner—can include fish or poultry
No dairy or extra sugars (this includes almond and soy milk)!
Drink 2 to 4 liters of water every day
Only use low-fat dressings, and go easy on the salt and/or pepper to taste
2 snacks before/after any of the major meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
Fruit is optional, and it is discouraged (however, some of you will need the calories while others may not)
Power-workout participants (those who are already super conditioned) are recommended the higher numbers of calories
For maximum results, do NOT use additives
Dinner salad may include WHITE GRILLED PROTEIN—poultry or fish only
1 cup of green tea to start the day
1 scoop Shakeology (140 calories)
1/2 cup of fruit (60 to 90 calories)—optional Ice to taste
8 to10 oz. of water
Snack 1 (85 calories):
1 piece of fruit (apple, pear, orange, banana mango, etc.)
1 scoop Shakeology (140 calories) Ice to taste 8 to 10 oz. of water
1 cup of green tea or a detox tea
Snack 2: (you can have the second snack before or after dinner) 1 scoop Shakeology (140 calories)
Ice to taste
8 to10 oz. of water
Salad with grilled white fish or poultry (roughly 340 calories)
Greens—3 servings of vegetables, plus 4 oz. of grilled white meat (fish or poultry)
2 tablespoons of dressing—no more!
Shakeology 3-Day Cleanse FAQ
Here are the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions:
1. How many calories per day? 800 to 1,100 calories per day
2. How often can I do the Shakeology 3-Day Cleanse? Ideally, you should do it once per quarter (every 3 months), As the seasons change, Before starting a new workout program, When you feel you need help breaking through a plateau
3. Should/Can I still do my workouts during the Cleanse? Depends on the individual, You’ll have less energy than normal, so consider doing it during a recovery week, Try not to do in the middle of P90X® or INSANITY®
4. Can I do a 1-day or a 2-day cleanse instead of a 3-day? Yes! Some people will see results with one or two days We recommend against continuing the cleanse for more than three days
5. Should/Can I take other Beachbody® supplements during the Cleanse? Results and Recovery FormulaTM: No, too much sugar/calories, Others (Omega-3, etc.): Not necessary, but won’t hurt either
Not on facebook or twitter? That’s okay! Download my FREE smartphone app to stay in touch. I’d LOVE to connect with you here.
Laura Kelly-Pifer is a Fitness Coach who strives to help others by giving hope and support to those that are dissatisfied with their current situation. Whether you are lacking physically, emotionally, financially, or nutritionally she is here to help you see REAL RESULTS!