Planning and prepping meals for a family can be tough however, one of the most common remarks I get from my clients is this “How do you cook and prep meals for one person?”
I thought there would be no better time than now to share with you some of the same tips that I give them. Here are 5 Tips for Preparing Meals for One.
1. Keep your cupboards and fridge stocked with milk, eggs, 100% whole wheat bread, tortillas, pita bread, canned beans, jars of low sodium spaghetti sauce, brown rice, low carb pastas, potatoes, frozen veggies and olive oil. These items are quick and easy to prepare.
2. Have fresh fruit and veggies on hand as well as low fat yogurt or cottage cheese. These are easy things to grab and go.
3. Using your frozen veggies, take out only what you need by reviewing the serving size listed on the nutritional panel.
4. Purchase large pieces of meat and poultry when they are on sale and divide and freeze in individual servings.
5. Cook several meals at a time. Roast a turkey breast or skinless, boneless chicken breasts and then use for lunch or dinner. You can add to stews, soups, stir-frys, salads, sandwiches and more thru out the week.
I’ll be honest that a lot of these tips work for both single persons or families so if you’re reading this, you too can use these tips. If you would like to take the guesswork out of healthy eating, feel free to download my one week meal plan where I’ve done all the work for you. You’ll get the plan PLUS recipes.
What do you do to make meal prep and cooking easier? Do share. Our Community is looking for new ideas.