Folks, I’m starting a Clean Eating Challenge on Monday, May 24th and want you to join me! It’s a 7 day Challenge that will end on Sunday, May 28th at Midnight; just in time for Memorial Day, the official start of summer. So now that you know that it’s just 7 short days, let me tell you a little about what is involved.
This challenge will run similar to the 20 day Challenges that I’ve held in the past. (Thanks again Barbie for all of the info that you’ve shared!) The difference is that it will last 7 days. It will be something that I hope that you can continue to do. I’d like for you to see that clean eating can become part of your life and that you can enjoy eating this way. Be sure to read through all of this post. There is A LOT of info here.
Now, here are the rules of the challenge!
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:
1. You PRESS PLAY Five or Six Times a week, depending on your program. If you are unsure of what to do, let me know. You can walk, run, use the Wii, any of your Beachbody programs, etc. The idea behind this is to get moving. Find something that you enjoy.
2. You EAT CLEAN all 7 days. You are permitted a cheat meal and not a cheat day. Read more on the EATING Clean Portion Below.
3. YOU ARE ALLOWED “ONE ADDITIONAL CHEAT SNACK” in this CHALLENGE PERIOD. That means, out of the 7 days of the challenge, you may treat yourself to ONE CHEAT SNACK (like a cookie or a glass of alcohol) in addition to your cheat meal.
4. This is a SELF MANAGED Challenge at this time so please hold yourself accountable. Feel free to email me (email@example.com), comment on my blog posts or facebook me your accountability. When you tell someone what you are doing, you usually follow through.
5. You have until Sunday evening to take your measurements AND pictures. You don’t have to post them but they will be great for you to compare to after the challenge ends.
THE PRIZE: A new You! Imagine what just 7 days will do for you and how good you will feel!!! Eliminating processed foods and eating whole, clean and healthy can make you feel soooo good!
If you are not part of the BeachBody community, check it out at https://www.exercise2day.com. It’s free! There are tools you can use to enhance your journey plus, you can log your workouts. Any type of exercise will do and you could possibly win a prize! Just think of what $1000 could buy!
If you would like me to coach you, click here and fill out the form. It’s also free! You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Okay, listen up! For some folks, eating clean might mean eating one meal a day. That’s not eating clean, that’s starvation. For others, it might mean having a bagel for breakfast, a fruit for lunch, and a salad for lunch and dinner. That’s not really eating clean either. You could be eating little amounts of high fat, high calorie-foods.
So, let’s define the EATING CLEAN GUIDELINES for the Challenge. Remember: this is a challenge. For 7-days you will eat an almost perfect diet with one cheat meal and one cheat snack because you are after REAL RESULTS. So: if you’re ready to take your things to the next level, let’s do this!! I’m in! I want a leaner, longer looking body! You can follow Michi’s ladder for your clean eating food list. Not sure what Michi’s ladder is, contact me and I will get you a copy. I know this sounds kind of scary to some folks but TRUST ME when I say that you can do this!!
EATING CLEAN RULES:
RULE 1: You eat 4 to 6 small meals per day, ideally breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. That means that you are eating every 2 to 3 hours. Your body needs to be fueled. Eating only breakfast, lunch, and dinner is not okay.
RULE 2: You eat at least 1250 calories (unless you are less than 5 feet tall). I am putting this down because this challenge is about eating clean and being healthy, not about starving yourself. (If you are a Beachbody club member, you can use the tools to determine the number of calories you should be eating based on your fitness program! If you need help determining this, drop me an email and we can talk.)
RULE 3: This is more like a guideline than a rule. You follow something close to a 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat diet. For those of you doing carb manipulation or following a special plan for diabetics, that’s fine, too. Again, I just don’t want folks to think they are eating clean if they eat 4 bowls of cereal per day. Your meals have to be balanced. (You can can use Free online programs like Fitday.com or calorie_count.com to help you track your meals both for ratio of carbs, protein, fat and your calories eaten!)
Are you ready?
LET’S BRING IT!