Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
The inevitable happened and I knew it would.
School started and with that came colds. All summer long, there were no cold or flu symptoms but once back in an enclosed environment, it began to spread like wildfire.
First Bailey came home with it. Then it started working its way thru our household. I knew that other kids had it too….I could hear them coughing and hacking when they came over or at sporting events we attended.
Cold & Flu Bomb Recipe
5 drops Lemon Essential Oil
5 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil
5 drops OnGuard Essential Oil
3 drops Oregano Essential Oil
There are two ways to take this. You can add all of these oils to a veggie cap and then swallow OR, you can do as I did and put into a shot glass and add a little juice or water to wash it down. Either way you choose, you’ll be back to feeling better in no time.
I’m a big believer in using natural medicines to help heal the body. This is just one of many recipes we use in our home to feel better because I know exactly what I’m putting into my body.
In addition to the Cold & Flu bomb, there are several other things that we do to help cure a cold naturally.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Simply take 2 tablespoons and add to a mug of warm water. Add in a splash of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey and you have a nice sipping drink. Make this several times per day.
- Ginger Tea. You can find fresh ginger at your local supermarket and make your own tea or you can do what I do, when you’re feeling sick, just use ginger tea. To make your tea, you’ll take freshly grated ginger and let steep in a mug of hot water. This will help with inflammation, clearing congestion and supporting the immune system.
- Up your Vitamin C. Many foods contain Vitamin C….oranges, kiwis, bell peppers, guavas, strawberries, dark leafy greens, papaya, broccoli and brussels sprouts are some examples. In addition, there are Vitamin C supplements that you can take.
- Neti Pot. This is a tried and true method that has been around for ages. You’ll do use this before bed and when you awake.
- Diffuse Eucalyptus Oil. The smell will help open your nasal passages so that you can feel better.
- Rest. When you’re not well, one of the best things to do is take it easy and allow your body to recover.
If you would like to learn more about healing pain or illnesses naturally, you’ll want to check out these other blog posts where we dive in more.
See here for a full Disclosure.