7 Slimming Secrets
By Laura Kelly-Pifer
We’ve all seen and heard about these quick and easy ways to lose weight but more times than we’d like to admit, our wallets lost more than we did and, it didn’t stay off.
Today, I want to share with you that lasting weight doesn’t happen overnight. However, if you follow the right plan you can lose weight AND live a healthier lifestyle. Here are 7 slimming tips that you can implement immediately!
1. Eat your fruits and veggies – 83% of adults don’t eat enough fruit every day, and 72% don’t get enough vegetables. Are you one of them? These items are critical to losing weight as they fill you up, provide healthy antioxidants and fiber, and are low in calories. When you eat more fruits and veggies, you can actually eat more without the guilt.
2. Drink you water – We all know that we should be drinking water but are you? 74% of adults are dehydrated. And, it can slow metabolism 3-5% and keep the weight on. Make sure you’re drinking enough water so you’ll have more energy, your rid your body of toxins and help your metabolism. Also, if you feel like you’re hungry, you might just be thirsty. Try having a glass of water before you grab the snack bowl.
3. Eat Protein – Eating protein helps you retain and build lean muscle as well as burn fat. It also helps keep blood sugars level and helps you from getting hungry.
4. Catch some zzzz’s – Make sure your getting adequate rest. Too little sleep and your body doesn’t function properly; you’ll gain and retain weight overtime. Aim for 8 hours of sleep each night and your body will de-stress, detox and retain less cortisol. You’ll also have more energy.
5. Be colorful – If it’s white or beige, it’s more than likely higher calories. Bread, rice, and pasta may taste great, but they can add up to more calories, and more fat. For example, one cup of refried beans can be 500 calories! You could eat almost 10 servings of fruits and vegetables, and still not reach 500 calories. So the more colorful your plate, the better.
6. Watch your portions – Over the last 30 years, our portion sizes have increased, not just in size but calories too. If you’re unsure of what your portion sizes should be, message me.
7. Exercise – If you haven’t started an exercise program yet, go ahead and find something you would enjoy doing. Make it fun and increase the intensity over time. If unsure of what to do, I’d be happy to help you choose an exercise routine that would work for you.
I hope that these 7 Slimming tips will help you. If you’re not ready to tackle them all at once, that’s okay. Start with one and then move forward to another a week at a time. By the end of week 7, you’ll have all 7 tips applied. Have fun! 🙂
Wishing you good health!
Not on facebook or twitter? That’s okay! Download my FREE smartphone app to stay in touch. I’d LOVE to connect with you here.
Laura Kelly-Pifer is a Fitness Coach who strives to help others by giving hope and support to those that are dissatisfied with their current situation. Whether you are lacking physically, emotionally, financially, or nutritionally she is here to help you see REAL RESULTS!