Have you hit a plateau or are looking forward to jump starting your weight loss plan? If you didn’t have a chance to join me in the 100 Point Challenge, here is another Challenge that you can do. (Thanks Barbie for sharing with us!) It will begin on Monday, September 14th and ends Saturday, October 3rd. Just 20 days to a brand new you!
When you combine this challenge with a workout, your results are going to ROCK! Use this examples for a time frame of how quickly you could see your results. For example, If you start a 6 week program, like Turbo Jam or Slim in 6, you could be fitting into a slimmer, leaner Halloween costume. Think of all of the fun costumes you can wear! If you start a 90day program like P90X or Chalean Extreme, you could be a new you by the New Year. Just think, all the family you saw this weekend can be asking you what did you did to reach your goals!
If you are looking for a good workout program that works for you, drop me an email or check out my website. Let’s talk about your goals, your time, what you like, etc. If you have questions on your diet, drop me an email and let’s talk. Take a look at Michi’s Ladder. Next, if you are a club member, make sure to visit the website and look into all the health and fitness topics there!
Now, here are the rules of the challenge!
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:
1. You PRESS PLAY Five or Six Times a week, depending on your program. If you miss a workout, you’re out of the challenge.
2. You EAT CLEAN six times a week. It’s up to you if you want to stuff yourselves like a bell pepper on your cheat day. But, I recommend a cheat MEAL and not a cheat day. Read more on the EATING Clean Portion Below.
3. YOU ARE ALLOWED “ONE ADDITIONAL CHEAT SNACK” in this CHALLENGE PERIOD. That means, Out of the rest of Sept., which you are doing the challenge, you may treat yourself to ONE CHEAT SNACK (like a cookie or a glass of alcohol) in addition to your cheat meal. If you have a second cheat snack, you are out of the challenge.
4. You MUST report daily for the preceding day by sending me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or submitting a comment to my blog (http://www.exercise2day.info). For example, “Yesterday, I ate clean and pressed play.” I am not a record keeper, so please email me or comment on my blog to hold yourselves accountable. This is a SELF MANAGED Challenge at this time so please hold yourself accountable.
5. You have until next Sunday evening to take your measurements AND pictures. You don’t have to post them but they will be great for you to compare to after the challenge ends.
At the end of the challenge, we will put the WARRIORS NAMES IN A HAT TO DETERMINE THE WINNER!
THE PRIZE: Ho Ala ke Kino – Revitalize your body and mind in this 30-minute yoga and stretching routine set on the tranquil beaches of Hawaii. With trainer Tony Horton.
Will you be the last man/woman standing?!
YOU BE THE JUDGE!!!
You must Join the Community first, if you are not part of BeachBody. It’s free!
If you would like me to coach you, click here and fill out the form. It’s also free! You can also email me at email@example.com
Okay, listen up! For some folks, eating clean might mean eating one meal a day. That’s not eating clean, that’s starvation. For others, it might mean having a bagel for breakfast, a fruit for lunch, and a salad for lunch and dinner. That’s not really eating clean either. You could be eating little amounts of high fat, high calorie-foods.
So, let’s define the EATING CLEAN GUIDELINES for the Challenge. Remember: this is a challenge. For 20-days you will eat an almost perfect diet with one cheat day per week because you are after REAL RESULTS. If this is too much for you and if you’re going to whine, don’t do it! I’m serious! You can still lose weight and get fit by not following these rules, but these are the rules of our challenge. Got it? Good!
So: if you’re ready to take your fitness to the next level, let’s do this!! I’m in! I want abs!
EATING CLEAN RULES:
RULE 1: You eat 4 to 6 small meals per day, ideally breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. That means that you are eating every 2 to 3 hours.
Your body needs to be fueled. Eating only breakfast, lunch, and dinner is not okay.
RULE 2: You eat at least 1250 calories (unless you are less than 5 feet tall). I am putting this down because this challenge is about eating clean and being healthy, not about starving yourself. (If you are a club member, you can use the tools to determine the number of calories you should be eating based on your fitness program! If you need help determining this, drop me an email and we can talk.)
RULE 3: This is more like a guideline than a rule. You follow something close to a 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat diet. For those of you doing carb manipulation or following a special plan for diabetics, that’s fine, too. Again, I just don’t want folks to think they are eating clean if they eat 4 bowls of cereal per day. Your meals have to be balanced. (You can can use Free online programs like Fitday.com or calorie_count.com to help you track your meals both for ratio of carbs, protein, fat and your calories eaten!)
RULE 4: This is the real challenge part: YOU EAT ONLY FROM THE TOP 2 TIERS of MICHI’S LADDER 6 DAYS A WEEK. That means that you cannot have bagels for breakfast nor frozen yogurt for a snack. Top 2 tiers. Period.
To See Michi’s Ladder, click here: Michi’s Ladder or email me for a copy.
You can also do a google search to find it. If you have any questions email me.
Gosh, I sound like a food nazi. But, again, this is a challenge and these are the rules.
Are you ready?
LET’S BRING IT!