Here are some questions to ask yourself before using sunscreen this summer provided by the Sun Safety Alliance!
How should sunscreens be applied?
* Follow directions and shake the bottle before using.
* Thoroughly rub sunscreen over skin to make sure the coverage is even.
* Make sure all skin is covered (including neck, ears and lips).
* For people with thin or thinning hair, apply sunscreen to the scalp as well.
* How much should be applied?
Sunscreen should be applied liberally and evenly to all exposed areas before sun or water exposure.
When should I apply sunscreen?
Before doing any outside activities. Whenever you’re spending time outdoors—and not just in the pool! (for picnics, walks, hiking, riding in a car, etc)
How often should sunscreen be applied?
Reapply sunscreen after swimming, perspiring, and toweling off. Reapply sunscreen often!
What Is SPF?
* “SPF” stands for “Sun Protection Factor.”
* Indicates how much longer a person wearing sunscreen can stay in the sun before beginning to burn—than they would without using any sunscreen at all.
* SPF numbers generally range from 2 to 50.
* The American Academy of Dermatology and the Sun Safety Alliance (SSA) recommend an SPF of 15 or higher.
* For children, the SSA recommends sunscreen product with an SPF of 30.
Source: Sun Safety Alliance
I enjoyed reading your blog…The blog world is so new to me…Hope you will stop by for a visit. I am posting on our Disney trip now and then on to a new grandson in two weeks..