My weight loss journey hasn’t been easy. I’ve had to reteach myself some things that I had forgotten. Some of these tips can be done very easily. Others may take a while. If you incorporate this in the whole household, it will help everyone!!
– I try to limit soda and alcohol.
– I like to use veggies in my meals. I like the frozen steamers. They are great. Five minutes in the microwave and they are done. So many kinds too.
– I switched to Pam and Extra Virgin Light Olive Oil for my cooking.
– Make the grill your friend!
– I am mindful of portion sizes. I’ve made it a habit to read the labels.
– I use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate.
– I switched from regular to whole wheat pasta and rice.
– I’ve tried to eat more chicken, turkey and fish instead of a red meat.
– I drink 8-8 oz glasses of water a day.
– I make broth based soups…they are filling and really good this time of year
– If I have a salad, I make sure that I am not loading it up with bad stuff…moderation is key.
– I switched from white bread to whole wheat bread. If I get tired of bread, I’ll have a whole wheat English muffin or whole wheat wrap.
– exercise at least 5 times per week. I love my Beachbody tapes!!!! We even have a kids one and one for older folks!!
– I eat 5 meals per day(3 main meals and 2 snack) based on my recommended caloric intake.