Looking for a new recipe to try? Here’s one you might enjoy. I know for me that this time of year, I’m looking for comfort food. While that makes my belly happy, it doesn’t work for the rest of my body. So, finding recipes that help me stay on track with my health goals and satisfy that craving totally work for me. If you’re looking for something new to try, here’s one that is DELICIOUS!!
Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
Total Time: 29 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 19 min.
Yield: 1 serving
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 oz raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into cubes
¼ medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
8 oz sliced mushrooms
¼ cup white wine
½ cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
1 cup cooked whole wheat angel hair pasta (2 oz dry)
Chopped parsley (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender.
3. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add wine and broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
5. Place pasta on serving plate; top with chicken mixture.
6. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 54 mg
Sodium: 128 mg
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 27 g
Do you have a new recipe (or even an old one) that helps satisfy your healthy living goals and tastes good? We would love for you to share it with our community. We enjoy hearing about healthy things that taste good.