I’m a big believer that creating a life you love means doing things you enjoy. And, food can be a great source of enjoyment. I don’t think I’ve ever ran into anyone who didn’t agree with me.
So, what if you could still enjoy some of the same dishes you love and still lose weight or even change the way your body feels?
Just a few years back, I decided to make some simple changes in the way I ate. By doing so, my body begin to heal. Some of the aches and pains that I once had, begin to disappear and for me, that was life changing.
Today, I’m sharing with you one of my most favorite meals, Lasagna, and it’s 21 Day Fix approved.
Laura’s Healthy Lasagna
- 1 package whole wheat lasagna noodles, prepared
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 onion, minced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- 1 C. mushrooms, diced
- 1 C. kale, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- ¼ C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 C. water
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ C. Parmesan cheese
- 2 C. Mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown turkey with onion, peppers, mushrooms and kale. Drain.
- Return ground turkey mixture to skillet. Add tomato sauce, paste, olive oil, water, and spices. Stir well and simmer on low for about 20-30 minutes.
- Layer meat sauce, noodles, and parmesan cheese in a 10×13 casserole pan. Top with mozzarella. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove aluminum foil and continue cooking 10-15 minutes until cheese browns. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Cals: 387, Carbs 27, Fat 20, Protein 24, Sodium 778, Sugar 5
I hope that you and your family enjoy this meal as much as mine does. If you choose to make it, let me know what you think.
It’s my honor to serve you.