Coconut Flour Pancakes
Recently, I’ve been doing a lot of research on the Paleo Way of Life. I’ve learned a lot about it and how it can aid with those of us that suffer from inflammation. For someone like me, with Rheumatoid Arthritis, any reduction in inflammation can be life changing. So, I’ve been experimenting with some recipes. Today, I wanted to share one that we enjoyed from Make it Paleo: Over 200 Grain Free Recipes For Any Occasion by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason. I absolutely LOVE this book and have tried several things. Everything is wonderful!!
Now I will tell you that I did alter this recipe and used strawberries and blueberries for the topping verses the bananas and walnut. Still delish though! ENJOY!!
Coconut Flour Waffles
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 4 Eggs, Pastured
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend all ingredients with a hand mixer.
2. Heat waffle iron to “waffle” setting—typically medium-high heat.
3. Drop batter into center of waffle iron to cover about 3/4 of area.
4. This batter does not expand the way traditional flour waffles do.
5. Waffles are done when they easily separate from the waffle iron, about 3–5 minutes.
For the topping:
Heat coconut oil in a nonstick frying pan on medium heat.
1. Slice banana and add to frying pan.
2. Sear banana slices until brown and crispy on the bottom side, then flip.
3. Add pecans to frying pan and lightly toast with the seared banana slices.
4. Top over waffles or pancakes and serve.
To make pancakes, use 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon instead of 1 tablespoon. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend all ingredients with a hand mixer. Heat coconut oil in a nonstick frying pan or griddle to medium heat. Pour 1/8 cup of batter into frying pan or griddle. Cook for 2 minutes, flip, then cook for 2 more minutes. repeat with the remaining batter.
P.S. If you found this post to be of any value to you, please SHARE it below!
Laura Kelly-Pifer is a Fitness Coach who strives to help others by giving hope and support to those that are dissatisfied with their current situation. Whether you are lacking physically, emotionally, financially, or nutritionally she is here to help you see REAL RESULTS!