Free Your Mind
By Laura Kelly-Pifer
I can remember the day that I decided that I wanted to live a healthier lifestyle. It seems like yesterday. Part of that process and I didn’t know it at the time, was learning to free up my mind. And, by freeing up my mind, those self-destructive habits that led to my weight gain would eventually turn into healthy habits.
Each and every day, the actions I took were influenced by my thoughts and my feelings and I learned that I was an emotional eater. Those days where life was a little chaotic would end in a bag of Doritos. It’s true!
I began to organize my mind, clearing it of the mental clutter. I was a mom with two little kids, with “brain fog” and a husband who worked long hours. And, I worked full time too. There was a lot to remember AND do every day!
It’s then that I decided to implement a few things in my life.
- I started using a To Do List. I would write down any and everything that I needed to do and when it needed to be completed.
- I started taking some “me” time. Instead of working during my lunch break, I started working out. I would hit the gym and go. I would return to work with much more focus.
- I started saying “No.” I learned which projects I should delegate and what I needed to turn down.
- Again, I started saying “No.” When I would want the junk food that I would use to comfort me for so long, I told myself no. It wasn’t doing me any good.
- I learned how to balance my time. Calls, emails, etc. would be answered during my allotted work time. I learned how to give 100% of my attention to my girls.
And with those simple steps, it evolved into better Time Management and into weight loss. I found that all of this “time” that I thought I didn’t have, I actually did. It took freeing my mind to help me realize that.
Are there things that you can do each day to help you free your mind? Comment back with what helps you.
Laura Kelly-Pifer is a Self-Discovery CoachTM who strives to help others by giving hope and support to those that are dissatisfied with their current situation. Whether you are lacking physically, emotionally, financially, or nutritionally she is here to help you see REAL RESULTS!