I’m NOT done yet!
By Laura Kelly-Pifer
Over the last few weeks, I’ve met some MAJOR milestones. Some have been on the scale and some off. After I completed Ultimate Reset, I made up my mind that there was NOTHING that was going to stop me from reaching my goals and from living my life the way that I wanted to. Those 21 days really pushed me to a whole new level of living. I took this experience even further than just changing the way that I ate with the hopes of losing more weight. (I will tell you though that I did lose almost 10 pounds and 10 inches which I was VERY pleased with!) I began to really focus on me. What my needs were and how I could incorporate them into each and every day. I realized that there were so many things that I had given up on for one reason or another, but still wanted to complete them. Why? Because I’m NOT done yet!
I decided to pull out a pen and paper and write a list of these things. Some people might call it a Bucket List. Maybe it is, maybe not. Here are just a few of those items that I’ve already started working on.
- Continuous healthy living and achieving my weight loss goal. I still have approximately 16 pounds to go AND I want to be able to maintain that goal, long term.
- Finding a Hobby.
- Giving to others by volunteering. I’m really leaning towards working with children.
- Creating work and life balance. When you work from home, it’s easy to combine the two.
- Learning and growing within my field.
How about you? What are some areas where you aren’t done yet?
Do this for me. Take out a pen and paper and start your list. Just write it down as it comes to you. Your list doesn’t have to match mine. You might find that you want to go back to school, that you want to remodel your kitchen or that you want to run a 5k for example. You might be surprised at what happens when you just put pen to paper. It can feel liberating. In fact, I’ve made journaling a habit.
Now that you’ve got your list, what on there was related to weight loss, exercise or healthy living? We now need to figure out how to make progress so that these goals are reached. For me, I know that there are specific action steps that I need to take to help me lose those16 pounds. They are:
- Exercise at least 5 days per week and at least 30 minutes per day. This time IS marked as an appointment on my calendar otherwise, it may get lost in my long list of “To Do’s”.
- Drink Shakeology daily. I’m pain free when I drink it PLUS I know that my body is getting what it needs. It also helps curb my cravings.
- Eat as clean as possible. When I eat whole, natural foods and skip the wine, the weight falls off faster.
- Drink water.
- Check in with my Accountability Group. Group Support and the help of my Coach, keep me on track.
Do any of these action steps work with your list? I’d love to hear what you’ve jotted down and how you plan on accomplishing it. And, if you’re not sure, let me know that too. Comment below or post on my facebook page.
Laura Kelly-Pifer is a Fitness Coach who strives to help others by giving hope and support to those that are dissatisfied with their current situation. Whether you are lacking physically, emotionally, financially, or nutritionally she is here to help you see REAL RESULTS!