Lose weight without Suffering!
by Laura Kelly-Pifer
How many times have you gone all “gung ho” into a weight loss program and felt disappointed and discouraged because you felt totally deprived? There is a way to lose weight without suffering. And, I’m going to share with you some simple, small changes that you can start with and that the whole family can use too.
I’m a BIG believer when you want to lose weight that you have to have a program that is manageable. All of these changes you’re making will be worth it! In fact, little changes in eating and activity level have a more positive impact on health than drastic ones. Why is that? Because you’re more likely to stick with smaller changes over time.
Having a healthy weight is all about balancing food with physical activity. Just think of the better health we could have just by shaving as little as 100 calories a day off our usual intake. It’s not difficult:
- Lighten up your favorite coffee drink with non-fat milk and honey or agave. Better yet, learn to drink it without a sweetner.
- Trim all fat from beef, pork and chicken. Remove the skin from poultry.
- Dish up slow-churned, reduced-calorie ice cream or yogurt in place of regular.
- Enjoy raw vegetables with salsa or hummus instead of chips.
Now that you’ve got some small, simple 100 calorie swapping ideas, let’s talk more about how you can cut calories from your daily intake, possibly without your even noticing:
- Downsize Your Dishes. Use smaller plates and bowls to help you eat less. Even if you eat everything on you’re plate, you’re still cutting calories.
- Savor Your Meals. Try eating slower at you’re next meal. When you eat slower, you’re body can control you’re food intake better. I don’t know about you but I hate feeling bloated and too full.
- Leave Some Food on Your Plate. If you don’t have smaller plates and bowls, try leaving a few bites of each item on you’re plate.
- Don’t Eat Out of a Bag or Box. Start using bowls, plates, etc to eat from verses grabbing the bag. How many times have you munched on something only to realize that you ate half the bag in one serving?
- Choose foods from the Top Two Tiers of Michi’s ladder. Swap processed foods for the foods listed within the Top Two Tiers of Michi’s Ladder and you’ll be healthier with every bite.
- Choose Your Glass Wisely. Here’s another place to downsize. When glasses are short and wide, we tend to fill them with more fluid and to drink more. Use a slender glass for any beverage except water.
- Rethink Your Drinks. High-calorie beverages like soft drinks, juice drinks, energy drinks, specialty coffees and alcohol add calories just like solid foods. Whenever possible, replace these drinks with plenty of water.
Lastly, there are two words I want you to always remember. These two words can apply to anything that you do. Remember these and it will be easier to stay on track. Balance and Moderation.
Laura Kelly-Pifer is a Fitness Coach who strives to help others by giving hope and support to those that are dissatisfied with their current situation. Whether you are lacking physically, emotionally, financially, or nutritionally she is here to help you see REAL RESULTS!