- 32 oz. fat-free chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 cups cannellini (white kidney) beans, cooked or canned
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 3/4 cup ditalini pasta (or macaroni, orzo, or similar small pasta)
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large cooking pot, start cooking the pasta according to the directions on its package. In a separate large cooking pot, sauté the olive oil and garlic on medium heat. Cook for 30 seconds, then add in the chicken broth. Allow broth to come to a rolling simmer and then stir in the cannellini beans. Add stewed tomatoes, rosemary, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Let soup simmer on low heat for 8 minutes. Drain pasta when it’s ready, and add the cooked pasta to the soup. Let simmer for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Information: (per serving)