It’s been a while since I’ve hosted a Clean Eating Challenge. I felt that we needed one to end March with a BANG!!!!
This Challenge will run March 19th – April 1st, 2012 and is open to anyone.
Here are the details of what all is involved.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:
1. You PRESS PLAY (exercise) Five or Six Times a week, depending on your program. If you are unsure of what to do, let me know.
2. You EAT CLEAN six days a week. It’s up to you if you want to stuff yourselves like a bell pepper on your cheat day. But, I recommend a cheat MEAL and not a cheat day. Read more on the EATING Clean Portion Below.
3. YOU ARE ALLOWED “ONE ADDITIONAL CHEAT SNACK” in this CHALLENGE PERIOD. That means, out of the 2 weeks of the challenge, you may treat yourself to ONE CHEAT SNACK (like a cookie or a glass of alcohol) in addition to your cheat meal.
4. You WILL be required to post in our private facebook group your meals and your workout each day to qualify for the prize. When you tell someone what you are doing, you usually follow through.
5. You have until Sunday to take your measurements AND pictures. You don’t have to post them but they will be great for you to compare to after the challenge ends.
THE PRIZE: A $25 gift card to the person who follows ALL the rules…..And, Imagine what just 2 weeks will do for you and how good you will feel!!!
(Prize is for US residents only at this time. You must sign up for your free account for me to coach you and you must post daily in our private facebook group. If you do not do this, you forfeit your chance at the prize.)
Okay, listen up! For some folks, eating clean might mean eating one meal a day. That’s not eating clean, that’s starvation. For others, it might mean having a bagel for breakfast, a fruit for lunch, and a salad for lunch and dinner. That’s not really eating clean either. You could be eating little amounts of high fat, high calorie-foods.
So, let’s define the EATING CLEAN GUIDELINES for the Challenge. Remember: this is a challenge. For the next 2 weeks, you will eat an almost perfect diet with one cheat day per week because you are after REAL RESULTS. So, if you’re ready to take your fitness to the next level, let’s do this!! I’m in! I want a leaner, longer looking body!
EATING CLEAN RULES:
RULE 1: You eat 4 to 6 small meals per day, ideally breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. That means that you are eating every 2 to 3 hours. Your body needs to be fueled. Eating only breakfast, lunch, and dinner is not okay.
RULE 2: You eat at least 1250 calories (unless you are less than 5 feet tall). I am putting this down because this challenge is about eating clean and being healthy, not about starving yourself. (If you need help determining this, drop me an email and we can talk.)
RULE 3: This is more like a guideline than a rule. You follow something close to a 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat diet. For those of you doing carb manipulation or following a special plan for diabetics, that’s fine, too. Again, I just don’t want folks to think they are eating clean if they eat 4 bowls of cereal per day. Your meals have to be balanced. (You can can use Free online programs like Fitday.com or calorie_count.com to help you track your meals both for ratio of carbs, protein, fat and your calories eaten!)
When you combine this challenge with a workout, your results are going to ROCK!
So that you know, I don’t care what kind of exercise you do as long as you are active. Running, walking, the elliptical, the Beachbody programs you purchased, etc. Any type of workout will do. My goal with this challenge is to help you get to where you want to be, the healthy way!!!
You’ll want to take a look at Michi’s Ladder to see examples of clean foods. (Need a copy, let me know.)
Are you ready? I am! I hope that you join me!