Supreme Pizza Dip
Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner and with that comes food and celebrations, even if your favorite team isn’t playing. There’s the commercials, the half time show and of course football. But, for lots of us, it’s the time where we’re tempted the most. There’s all that delicious food!
So, today, I want to share with you how I’ve turned one of my favorite dips (and dishes….pizza is my fave!) into a healthier version. The original version I found on Pinterest along with some other pretty tasty recipes since I joined.
For a recipe renovation, I simply remove the less than healthier items and replace with items that are better for you. So, for example, if your recipe calls for full cream cheese, use low fat instead. You’ll save on calories on the long run and it will taste just as good. One thing I’ll mention though is that I do not replace regular items with fat free items. Fat free items tend to have more sugar and sodium in them.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as we do.
Supreme Pizza Dip
- 1-8 ounce low fat block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup ground Turkey Italian sausage, cooked
- 10 slices Turkey pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons green bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and spices. Spread mixture into the bottom of an oven safe 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Top cream cheese mixture with 1/2 cup mozzarella and spread pizza sauce over it. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the sauce and top with sausage, pepperoni, bell pepper, olives and mushrooms. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Serve immediately with garlic toast or bread, and enjoy!