I’ve had a few folks ask me about The Shakeology Three Day Cleanse. Here is the information on it. This is a healthy cleanse that Steve Edwards recommends on his blog. Steve is a nationally recognized fitness expert who oversees Beachbody’s fitness and diet program development, and he serves as Fitness Advisor for our message boards.
This is a performance-oriented system…It’s not the Master Cleanse. The goal is to promote flushing junk from your system and regulating hydration levels. It’s calorically restricted to be sure. But in its 1500 or so calories will be more nutrients than most people get by eating well over twice that amount. The key is caloric efficiency; getting the most nutrients possible out of the fewest number of calories. It’s too fat restrictive for a lifestyle plan, but perfect for a three day jump-start to looking and feeling better.
People are getting great results with this! Lose weight, feel great!
Three Day Shakeology Cleanse Summary:
Have 3 Shakeology Shakes* a day– If the shakes are plain (Shakeology and water only) you can add three pieces of fruit.
Have a Salad in evening:
– Unrestricted as far as veggies go
– 4 oz protein source
– 2 Tbs of an olive oil/vinegar dressing.
– For fatty acids, each salad will also contain 1 Tbs of chia seeds (or flaxseed or hempseed)
Drink plenty of water
– Coffee, tea, and herb teas are fine also, as long as they don’t have additives.
* Any meal replacement or protein shake could be substituted but it’s recommended to add at least a greens formulation to this to try and equate Shakeology’s 70 ingredients.
Learn more about Shakeology including it’s ingredients, recipes, etc here.
As with any exercise program or diet, you should check with your doctor for approval.