Recommended by Kathy Smith
- 3/4 lb. turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 lb. mushrooms (any variety)
- 2 large, precooked artichoke hearts, cut into 1/2-inch slices*
- 3/4 cup hot chicken stock
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour seasoned with pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Preheat a large pan and dredge turkey in seasoned flour, then knock off excess (flour can be omitted if desired). Add olive oil to the pan and brown turkey on each side for one minute. Do not crowd the pan. Remove and keep warm in a low oven. In the same pan, add shallots and sauté briefly. Add mushrooms and sauté for two to three minutes more, then add artichokes, parsley, and hot chicken stock. Reduce until almost dry, add lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serves 3.
Note: Different cuts of turkey are available, so look for thin slices of breast “scallopini.” Cutlets will also work well, and you can pound them a bit to make them thinner.
*Do not use marinated artichoke hearts or that vinegary flavor will permeate the dish.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Information: (per serving)