Uses For Peppermint Essential Oil
By Laura Kelly-Pifer
A few years back, I had the opportunity to experience essential oils while getting a massage. At that time, I didn’t know that there were so many benefits of using them outside of that wonderfully, relaxing hour.
At the recommendation of one of my mentors, I purchased a few bottles from a friend who was an essential oils distributor. This began my journey into experimenting with oils to treat a variety of conditions as well as “re-charge” my batteries when I needed a little more energy. Today, I want to share one with you an oil that I use often, peppermint oil, and some of the ways that you can incorporate it into your day. If you’re prone to headaches, lack or energy or trying to lose weight, this oil could possibly help you.
Before I begin though, please note that not all essential oils are created equally. Do your homework to find a brand that fits your needs as some oils aren’t made to be consumed or applied to the skin.
- Add a drop of peppermint essential oil to herbal tea or to your Shake to help aid in normal digestion.
- Massage several drops of peppermint essential oil on the abdomen, place a few drop on your wrists, or inhale to soothe an upset stomach
- Rub one drop of peppermint essential oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck to relieve head aches.
- Place 2 drops of peppermint essential oil on the tongue and rub another drop of oil under the nose to help improve focus.
- Inhale, diffuse or apply peppermint essential oil to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up or jump start your morning.
- Diffuse or inhale peppermint essential oil to help suppress cravings.
As you can see, there are a few ways to use your essential oil. Do you use essential oils? What’s your favorite and how do you use it? Comment back, we’re always looking for new oils to add to our collection.
P.S. If you found this post to be of any value to you, please SHARE it below!
Laura Kelly-Pifer is a Fitness Coach who strives to help others by giving hope and support to those that are dissatisfied with their current situation. Whether you are lacking physically, emotionally, financially, or nutritionally she is here to help you see REAL RESULTS!