Which Meal Plan Should I Follow?
You’ve had enough! You’ve decided that it’s time to take the next step and have chosen to live a healthier life but you have no idea where to start. I’ll be honest…there are SO many meal plans out there to choose from. Some of the ones I’ve tried are:
- Low Fat
- Paleo Caveman
- Cabbage, Lemonade, Cayenne Cleanses
- Dukan Diet
- South Beach
- Weight Watchers
- Slim Fast
- Special K
Yep, I’ve tried ALL these and this doesn’t include all the diet pills and other stuff. Pretty crazy, huh!?!
Sometimes having too many choices is as paralyzing as having no choice. Every day, there are new reports and studies that come out and tell us that this diet plan is better than the others. It can be overwhelming, no matter what your weight loss goal is. But, if you are willing to put all that aside and do a little homework, you can find the right meal plan to fit YOU.
So, how do you determine which plan to follow? There are 4 simple questions that you should ask…
1. Has it worked for others? Typically a meal plan will have testimonies from folks who have followed the plan. Some testimonies will not only include weight loss but other health changes as well. Be sure to consider all of those factors.
2. Is it safe? If someone is losing 10 pounds in a week, more than likely, there is something that isn’t healthy in the plan. Slow and steady weight loss is what you want as it’s more than likely something that you’ll be able to maintain in the long run.
3. Can you follow this plan for the long term? With some of the plans I’ve followed in the past, I would lose the weight but once I stopped following it to a “T” the weight crept back on. And then their were plans that were so restrictive that I became bored, frustrated and wanted to quit. You want to find something that will be manageable for you to maintain long term.
4. Does your plan have a support system? Those folks that have a support system in place typically stick with the plan. Everyone has a “bad” day and when we have a positive support system in place, it’s easier to work through things and stay on track.
Knowing the answers to these simple questions will help you choose the right plan to follow. If I can be of help in answering any of your questions on a particular meal plan, let me know. It would be an honor to serve you!
P.S. If you found this post to be of any value to you, please SHARE it!