For thousands of years, massage has been practiced worldwide. It’s known as one of the most therapeutic forms of treatments available. It typically is performed at spas and by Licensed Massage Therapists. Some Therapists do work out of their own home, office or even come to your home. For the most part, it has been thought of being a “luxury” by most folks. Most people do not realize the health benefits associated with massage. Here are a few.
* Massage reduces tension and anxiety.
* Massage improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
* Massage calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well being.
* Massage stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.
* Massage prevents and relieve muscles cramps and spasms.
* Massage therapy can also help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, muscle spasms.
Fees vary for this service as there are many types of massage available. As someone who LOVES massage, I would treat myself each week if I could. It feels so good and I always walk away with a smile. I typically get a massage for stress reduction and relaxation. I should remind you that as with any health related service, you should always consult your physician prior to starting this or any other program.