Zucchini Pizza Crust
If you were to ask me what my favorite food is, I would have to say Pizza. I love that it’s so versatile. I like to experiment with different toppings which in turn can alter the flavor. There are so many awesome combinations that you can make too. Pizza though, does not love me. My body tends to react better to low carb meals. So, when a friend from one of my Coaching Groups posted a recipe for Cauliflower Pizza Crust, I was all over it.
Several years later, I still make Cauliflower Pizza Crust but have since then, altered the recipe to include other items than just cauliflower.
Because summer brings a plentiful supply of zucchini, it only made sense to try making pizza with it. Let me share with you my recipe for Zucchini Pizza Crust.
1 large egg
1/2 cup low fat mozzarella
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
1. Preheat your oven to 450.
2. Wash and grate zucchinis using a cheese grater. Add to a bowl and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Drain excess water using a cheese cloth or a colander gently pressing the zucchini with the back of a spoon to press out any water.
3. Add zucchini, egg, mozzarella, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings in a bowl and mix everything until combined.
4. Lay out a piece of parchment paper on a pizza stone, and spread zucchini mixture into a circle using a spatula. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, add toppings of your choice and then return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
6. Allow pizza to cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!
As you can see, this is a fairly quick and easy meal with so many options. Even if you would rather not have any toppings, you can enjoy this pizza crust on top of a nice salad or as a snack.
How do you like to eat your zucchini? Is there a recipe that you make and would like to share? Our community is always looking for healthy ways add into their lives. Do share.